Thursday, April 22, 2010

Unseen Stoicism

People hurt everyday - perhaps more here but probably not. I think it is actually a blessing to see it up front sometimes. I had a student eat with me two days ago and she told me that she missed class because somebody in her family died. I asked who and if they were close to her but the conversation ended when the other students returned with their food. She said "I want to keep it a secret." Well, I'm not going to make her sit there and cry in front of the whole cafeteria but why is this a secret? Those are her friends! 天天快乐 "Happy Everyday", right? There's so much I don't see.


It happened so quick that I didn't even remember it until I was writing to friend on facebook about the last few days. You have to move on because they will notice if something is on your mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

iwas thinking about the idea that a question ensures a conversation and thinking that sometimes we may actually ask a question but not really have the time to listen to what is really going on. good thoughts thanks